Recently I posted about using eggs as hair conditioner which split commenters down the middle into the ‘ewwww’ and ‘wow’ camps. I hate eggs myself but couldn’t deny what great condition it left my usually frizzy hair in. One of the commenters, Land Girl 1980 mentioned that she uses egg whites and tissue to create a face mask and I instantly knew I had to give that a go!
Previously I’ve made egg white face masks and found they’ve really firmed my skin and closed pores but I hadn’t thought about adding tissue to it. I can hear you all now, saying ‘What? What do you mean tissue?’
How to make an egg white face mask
What you will need
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tissue
- A whisk/fork/food blended type doodah
1. Whisk the egg whites up into a light froth, you want them to be white but in no way firm. (I tried it without whisking them and ended up in a big old mess.)
2. Separate the layers/ply of tissue so you just have one.
3. Paste around half the egg white onto your skin with a make up brush (I used one of those otherwise useless ones which come with blusher).
4. Pat the tissue onto your face – you may want to cut holes for your eyes and mouth or do it in sections.
5. Smooth the remaining egg white over the tissue. Please try not to chase your husband around the flat pretending to kill him. Mine didn’t like it.
6. Allow to dry.
7. Remove once firm and tight. It should peel off in a film like state.
My skin felt remarkably smooth afterward and my pores (the bane of my life) were closed up leaving my skin looking a darn sight perkier than usual.
So what do you think, would you give it a go?
P.S. Yes, eggs. And yes, tissue.
P.P.S. If you give this a whirl please do tweet me a picture to @athriftymrsuk.