Your air ducts are your hallways. They control the airflow from one room to another, and also in and out your home. Dust and other pollutants can build up in your ducting system, making it unhealthy. This can often lead to more allergy attacks. You should clean your ducts regularly and thoroughly to ensure the best air quality. Although you may consider cleaning the ducts yourself, this may not be the best option.
- DIY or Professional? – Savings and Spending – Properly cleaned ducts can lower your energy bills by up to 40%. This will result in long-term savings. You may not get all the contaminants out, and can actually damage the ducts. This will cause air loss and higher energy bills. You can save the most time by cleaning your ducts thoroughly.
- Duct damage-Ducts are subject to normal wear and tear due to constant airflow. You can overlook the signs of damage if you are not properly trained in duct cleaning. These small cracks and holes are usually visible as small holes. These tiny cracks and holes can reduce the efficiency of your home’s airflow. Professional cleaning will reveal any signs of wear and tear, while allowing them to perform at a higher efficiency.
- Airborne diseases Poor duct cleaning won’t eliminate mold growth in your duct system. Mold can spread from one part to another in your duct system and eventually out of your vents into your home. Professional air duct cleaning in arlington va will remove the mold from your duct system and ensure that it does not get in your home.
- Peace of mind – You can be sure that your duct work is properly cleaned and maintained by a professional.
How to choose an air duct cleaning company
- Experience You want to choose a company with a history of being in business for many years, has been accredited with the Better Business Bureau, and is Diamond Certified.
- Better Business Bureau – BBB can tell you if duct cleaning companies are in good standing with customers.
- Insurance Air ducts can be expensive equipment. They can be damaged and cause long-term problems. To cover any damage that may occur during cleaning, the duct cleaning company must have adequate insurance.
- National Air Duct Cleaners Association – The NADCA oversees all air duct cleaning businesses. The members are required to follow certain rules. It is important to verify that the NADCA member company you are interested in hiring for duct cleaning services is listed. Ask the duct cleaning company to provide proof of NADCA call and ask if they are a member.
- Chemicals used – Ask your company what chemicals they use in cleaning, and if so, what effects they might have on you. You should also ensure that the chemicals are properly disposed of.
- Services Your air quality can drop for a variety of reasons, including pollutants, pesticides, and chemicals. Cleaning companies should address these issues while they clean. It is not a good idea to choose a cleaning company that addresses only a few of these issues.
- Rates Compare prices from several companies offering similar services and their track records.
- Duration Companies with more training and better equipment will usually perform the service quicker. Ask for an estimate of how long the appointment will take. You should choose a company with a shorter appointment time, but a track record of great client service