If you don’t like this you’re dead. Tru fax. Now go and get the ingredients and get a-bakin’.
What you will need –
- 200g Raspberries (fresh or frozen)
- 225g chopped apples
- 70g Caster sugar
- 225g Self raising flour
- 150g Very soft Butter
- A pinch of salt
- 2 beaten eggs
- 3 tbsps milk
- 15g Flaked almonds
- Icing sugar, to decorate
1. Preheat your oven to 180c and grease a 20cm round tin.
2. Mix the flour and salt together.
3. Rub in butter until it looks like breadcrumbs.
4. Stir in the apples and sugar.
5. Beat in the milk and eggs.
6. Very gently fold in around 3/4 of the raspberries.
7. Pour the mixture (it should be quite wet) into the prepared tin.
8. Sprinkle over the remaining raspberries and the flaked almonds.
9. Bake for around 1hr or until golden and firm.
10. Cool on a rack and once ready to serve dust with icing sugar. This is a recipe I’ve been baking for years. Swap out the berries as the seasons change, the blackberry version is, quite frankly, epic. Cranberries work well for a Christmassy treat too.