When it comes to remodeling your home, you may want to consider using tiles for rooms that happen to be exposed to water more often, such as your kitchen, garden foyer, your bathroom etc. And while the temptation to pick out an ordinary tile for these rooms could be there, you would be well advised to take your time and pick out the perfect tile for these rooms. With the right tile, you should be able to make the room seem unique if nothing else. So check out some of the top tile trends for this year,
- Hexagon floor tiles: Yes, tiles were square-shaped before they transitioned to rectangles but it seems that Hexagon shapes are the current trend. For starters, hexagon floor tiles should make your bathroom stand out. You just need to choose water-resistant and mildew resistant floor tiles for your bathroom. You can have your pick from glazed porcelain tiles to granite ones and as for colours, you can choose from pastel to bolder shades rather than opt for the traditional white for the bathroom. Just search online for ‘Tiles, Wellington’ to check out the available choices and choose the apt one for your home.
- Marble subway tiles: If you prefer the traditional white for your bathroom, you can always go with marble subway tiles. While the overall design may seem a tad traditional and old fashioned, it should be pointed out that classic white tiles never go out of style. You can also incorporate white marble tiles for select areas of your bathroom such as your shower stall; it should set up a nice contrast with the rest of the room. Just search online for wall tiles in NZ and you should be able to check out some of the top choices
- Full wall backsplash: One interesting tile trend to pick up this year is the fact that more owners are opting out of extra cabinets’ right above their sink. Instead, they prefer to raise the backsplash from the sink and all the way to the top. As for tiles, you can use anything from marble, travertine, porcelain and more. You can even use this extra space to incorporate uniquely designed tiles, which should help make your kitchen, all the more attractive
- Vintage-inspired Backsplash: Vintage kitchen designs seem to be the latest trend for this year, as far as kitchens are concerned. So you may want to incorporate vintage designs for your kitchen including the backsplash. You can either go with simple brick for the area above the sink or go in for cleverly patterned tiles.
- Faux wood: When it comes to floor tiles, you may want to consider faux wood tiles for the drawing-room and other main areas of your home. Granted that faux wood may not be the same as hardwood but unlike hardwood, faux wood happens to be both water-resistant and scratch resistant as well. In short, it comes with built-in durability and resistance. But what makes faux wood more attractive compared to hardwood is that it is inexpensive
- Cement tiles: Cement tiles are coming back into fashion. With highly polished cement tiles, and in various colours, you should lend your whole room a nice, pleasing touch. Moreover, cement tiles are a lot more durable than some of the other tile choices and they happen to be inexpensive as well. And there’s the additional fact that they happen to be eco-friendly as well. You can easily customize cement tiles as per your preference and current requirements.
These are some of the current tile trends for this year. Just check out the various tile choices and choose one that fits in with your budget. Apart from its basic functionality and aesthetics, you need to choose a tile that happens to be durable and that it should last you for a long while. And what’s more, with some of the choices, you can customize them further, as per your preference and choice and in the process, help create a whole new look.