Be they newspapers you buy yourself or freebies posted through the door or picked up on your commute it’s wonderful to get a further use from newspaper before tossing it in the recycling bin.
12 WAYS TO REUSE A NEWSPAPER
1. If you’re moving any time soon save those newspapers to use for wrapping plates, cups and glasses. We have piles of local newspapers in our hallway waiting for this very reason. Copies of Metro come in super handy so I always make sure I pick up and copies discarded on tram or train seats.
2. Use them to propagate seeds along with fruit punnets like in this post over on Secret Seed Society.
3. Gift wrap, baby Opt for the comic pages for children, you can even stamp patterns onto the pages like I did on Superscrimpers a few years ago.
4. Roll 4 or 5 sheets of paper and twist tightly to form easy to use fire lighters.
5. Create seriously simple and sweet gift bags made from newspaper.
6. A few scrunched up balls of newspaper are fab for packing parcels to stop items moving around in the box.
7. Make envelopes from newspaper.
8. Always keep a couple of newspapers in your cleaning cupboard to put down should you need to do a spot of emergency DIY. The same goes for crafting because newspaper is a great way to protect your surfaces whilst you go berserk with fabric paint and glitter in the spare room.
9. Use newspaper and vinegar to clean mirrors. It just works and I’m not even sure why.
10. How about weaving a basket from newspaper.
11. Create simple and easy seed starting pots and grow a garden filled with food and flowers.
12. Shoes a bit tight or rubbing too much Stuff your shoes with damp newspaper overnight and in the morning they should have budged a bit to squidge in your mammoth trotters.