I’m no beauty, by a long chalk, but I do go through phases of finding the perfect cream, lotion or potion. So I thought I’d share my current cheap beauty favourites.
Ready? Let’s go!
1. Superdrug Vitamin E Gentle Eye Cream with SPF 15 £2.99I was told that from the age of 25 you should start using an eye cream, this could be marketing, this could be good advice, I don’t know but I’ve tried a few eye creams in the last three years and this has so far been the best for my needs. Keeps dark circles under control and so far no puffiness or lines.
2. Gosh Velvet Touch Foundation Primer – Superdrug £12.99I love this stuff. Love it. I’d sell my granny for a truck load of this stuff. Foundation glides on perfectly after applying a small drop of this to my face. I only use a small amount so it lasts ages. I often buy it when Superdrug have their ‘3 for 2 on all make up’ offers and stock up. I wear it on it’s own quite a lot too. It makes my skin look all velvety and dreamy.
3. Botanics Organic Face Super Balm £5.10A really intensive moisturiser to use when skin has had a bit of a battering from cold weather, sun or illness. A real soothing treat. I wouldn’t be without it.
4. Vaseline Lip Therapy (Rosy Lips) Around £1 in most supermarkets and chemistsUbiquitous handbag must have. I use this to soothe my lips and add a smidgen of colour both to lips and cheeks on the go.
5. Rimmel Sexy Curves Mascara (001 Black) £8.19I’m a mascara addict, I’ll give pretty much all of them a go. But this has stopped my expensive eyelash wand habit, my quest to find perfection has ended. This is it.
6. Max Factor Lipfintity Lasting Tint. (04 Berry Burst) £5.99I’m a fan of a strong colour on the lip but I hate to have the colour come off on cups, clothes or whilst kissing. So I use this as my day to day lip colour and save lipstick for special occasions.
7. Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Luscious Long £4.69I pop this onto my hair for the three minutes it takes to clean the loo, wipe down the sink and put towels away. It makes my brittle hair soft and smooth.
8. L’Oreal Superliner (Silver black) £6.19My make up routine is 80% about the eyes, lots of thick eyeliner is part of that. I’ve been a liquid eyeliner convert since discovering Superliner a while back. I use both the black and silver versions. I find it really, really, really easy to put on. I’m too clumsy to deal with regular liquid eyeliners and I the pen versions spoil the rest of my make up. This stuff is the best inbetween. I’ve spend around £20 on other eyeliners that were nowhere near as good as this.
9. The Body Shop Vitamin E Face Mist £7.00The instantly refreshes thirsty skin and sets make up in place for a full day.
10. Witch Hazel – Most supermarkets and chemists under £3I use this as a toner and to refresh my skin. Since I’ve been using the combination of Pear’s soap and witch hazel my skin really only breaks out when I’ve got my period. It used to be far worse!
I tend to buy all of my hair, beauty and make up products when there’s a good offer on such as a 2 for 1, 3 for 2 or freebies. With that in mind I can usually knock at least £3 off a lot of these price tags when shopping savvy.