There is no backing away from the fact that driveways should be considered pleasing to the eyes and also purposefully relevant. This can be achieved if you get in touch with certain contractors who do this job regularly. It is not the same as the olden days anymore. You get different varieties as well as different colors, styles, and patterns. A driveway is not something you change often and that is exactly why you need to opt for a practical option, looks great and is durable. This is so because a driveway is not like the paint of your house that withers off with rain and time. This is a structure that is going to last in your house for decades.
The different types of driveways are listed down below:-
- Concrete Driveway- This is one of the most common types of driveways available across the world. Not only is this the most preferred option but it is often found that this is the driveway which is currently the most installed. It is not an expensive affair. It is durable and is built in a way that it will stay for a long time. The most attractive feature of this kind of driveway is that it provides you with a wide variety of options. The only disadvantage it has is that it can be easily affected by cold weather. Concrete driveway concreters offer the installation of this type of driveway, which offers durability and also complements your house design.
- Asphalt Driveway– It is one of the decent choices available with the customers today. Asphalt driveway offers a certain comfort when it comes to its installation. If you compare it with concrete, you usually come out ahead. It is also cheap. The only problem with this option is that you don’t have that many choices for customization. Since asphalt comes in only one color, there is a paucity of available to compare and choose from. There have also been certain sealing problems with asphalt over the years as proclaimed by some of the buyers of this option.
- 3. Brick Driveway– This has been one of the popular choices for homeowners and business owners alike. The best part about this option is the multitude of options available at your service. It comes in varieties of colors and types and gives the customers the freedom to choose freely among those quality choices. One of the disadvantages that it incurs is that it is comparatively more expensive than the rest available options.
- Gravel Driveway– Gravel is a type of soil that is found in the deeper regions of land. They are rocks that are small and available in abundance around the world. Therefore, it is quite clearly a cheaper option. Another good thing about this option is that it comes in a variety of colors and since the gravel just needs to be spread around, the installation cost is next to nothing.
- Crushed Stone Driveway- Crushed stone is just the softer version of a gravel driveway. It is not as hard and rocky and is easy on the eyes as well. Another thing it has in common with gravel driveway is that it is available in different and varied colors. Research has stated that this type of driveway is not very suitable for the snowy region as the land isn’t soft and smooth to dig away the snow.
- Cobblestone Driveway– Now, you will always want a driveway that is of good quality, easy to install and durable, so that you don’t have to keep changing it from time to time or witness any quick wear and tear. This design of driveway holds up its name in these regards. The durability of cobblestone has always been one that is beyond comparison. But, it takes a certain kind of maintenance to keep this driveway well and consistent. The surface is not smooth consistently and they are a little bit expensive as well.
- Tar and Chip Driveway– This is not a very common yet a cheap option when it comes to choosing your driveway. It has excellent traction and is relatively cheap. Many businesses and homeowners choose this kind of driveway after well and careful research.