I’ve long been of the opinion that the trend for beauty boxes was daft in the extreme and nothing would induce me to part with my hard-earned cash for an envelope full of sample-sized products in a cardboard box I didn’t want – until now. Enter The Glamour Beauty Power List Box from Latest in Beauty, which I saw many, many (many, many, many) people tweeting about in excited tones earlier in the week. “How good could it really be?” I asked myself before clicking on the link and realizing it’s actually really pretty bloody good. For £15.99 you’re getting a tantalizing £83 worth of product.
- Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser (30ml and muslin cloth) – currently £5.50 here for this size
- Eyeko Eye Makeup Remover Wipes (10 wipes) – currently £6.00 here for this size
- Philip Kingsley Daily Damage Defence (60ml) – currently £7.50 here for this size
- Laura Mercier Foundation Primer (30ml) – currently £18.50 here for this size
- James Read Sleep Mask Tan (25ml) – Unable to source product at this size
- Bourjois Volume 1 Seconde Mascara(12ml – full size) – currently £9.99 here
- Maybelline Stripped Nudes (24ml – full size) – currently £6.99 here
- Glamour Magazine Subscription (digital edition) – worth £15.99 per year
Check it Out Here.
1. I’m a big Liz Earle fan but due to cost, I’ve been using dupe products for a while. I wanted to get my hands on this smaller size to take with me on weekends away (I had considered buying it on the website alone but it would set me back £5.50 + p&p) and also so I can do a side by side comparison post.
2. I suffer from (beyond) annoyingly large pores. I spend my life trying out primer after primer and whilst I’d heard good things about the Laura Mercier Foundation Primer I wasn’t sure I wanted to take the plunge considering the price of the full-size tube. I’m a big Laura Mercier fan having used her Loose Setting Powder for a couple of years on the recommendation of a makeup artist who made me up for a TV appearance. I’ve been hugely impressed with it so I’m hoping for good things from the primer. Plus because I don’t wear foundation on a daily basis a 30ml tube of primer should last me a good amount of time.
3. The two full sizes make up products; Maybelline Stripped Nudes Lipstick currently costing £6.99 here and the Bourjois Volume 1 Seconde Mascara priced at £9.99 here, come in at £16.98 together, almost a pound in price over the box price which includes a great deal more.
4. The digital subscription to Glamour ( worth £15.99 itself) will definitely save me a bit of cash when I have to take a long train journey.
1. There’s one product I probably won’t use – the James Read Sleep Mask Tan and will no doubt languish in my bathroom cupboard. I don’t do tanning products at all because no matter how amazing they’re supposed to be, I always end up looking like an Oompa Loompa with a 7 carton-a-day addiction to carrot juice.
2. I’ve tried the Eyeko wipes before and they weren’t amazing (although not bad), so they’ll be relegated to my camping wash bag.
3. The lipstick comes in 5 shades, so it is pot luck. I’m quite happy with mine but lipstick shades are quite subjective and you could quite easily find yourself with a shade you’re not into. Packaging for these kinds of things matters not one jot to me – although the box might come in handy for organizing my desk drawers – if you’re into that kind of thing, the packaging was attractive enough and the parcel arrived within 3 days of ordering.
All in all, I’m pretty pleased with this box. I won’t be switching my opinions on beauty boxes as a whole but this one-off has been great value for money for me and it definitely means I get to do some side by side reviews of expensive products Vs lower-end products. When it comes to products like this, they are of course only worth it if the products are things you’d already considered buying or had an interest in. If this box didn’t have the Cleanse and Polish, the mascara, the lipstick, and the primer there’s no way I’d consider parting with money for it. It’s like this box was made for me!
You can take a look at the box here.