The combination of salty and sweet works so well together so you won’t be surprised that I’m making these reindeer with salty pretzels and chocolate teacakes (both were bargain priced from Aldi). They taste fab, if a bit filthy, together and they look really effective.
What you will need:
- A packet of chocolate Teacakes (or similar)
- Glace cherries
- A packet of small-medium sized salty pretzel chips.
- 1-2 squares of milk chocolate
1. Melt your chocolate in the microwave and give a good stir. Whilst it is melting take some raisins and cut them into little brown eyes. Oh and cut the glace cherries in half if they’re the whole sort.
2. Dip the back of a teaspoon into the chocolate giving it a good coating.
3. Rub the back of the teaspoon across the back of the glace cherry and a place a wee dot onto the teacake in the approx place that you would like the nose to be. ‘Glue’ the nose into place and hold still for about 10 seconds so it stays in place.
4. Do the same with the raisins, placing them into the place of the eyes.
5. Take the pretzels and break them so that they form an antler shape.
6. Gently poke two antlers through the top of the teacake. And if the chocolate cracks (like above) then so be it, that particular reindeer is just a wrinkly and wise reindeer.
7. Admire your creation.
Let me know if you give them a go, I’m a nosy sort.