Mr Thrifty’s brother lives in South America and not only does he celebrate Christmas but he is rude enough to have a birthday in December – very nerve of it. Last Christmas we were rather stung with the £60+ charges to send him a parcel in time for Christmas so this year we’re keeping a close eye on the Royal Mail recommended last posting dates for Christmas.Some of the surface mail service deadlines have been and gone, so get in fast with your international mail if you’d like to keep to a strict budget rather than sending it special delivery or via an expensive courier company!
- Africa, Asia, Australia, Caribbean, Central and South America, New Zealand
- Far and Middle East (with exceptions)
- Canada, Hong Kong, Singapore, South Africa, USA
- Cyprus, Eastern Europe, Greece, Iceland, Malta, Turkey
- Western Europe
- Africa, Caribbean, Central and South America, Middle East
- Cyprus, Eastern Europe
- Canada, France, Greece, Poland
Western Europe (excluding those mentioned above)
- UK Services
- 2nd Class
- 1st Class
- Royal Mail Special Delivery
If you’re sending a heavy package, if possible break it down into smaller parcels as it will work out much, much, much cheaper – as in that £61 package to Chile would have cost about £40 lesshis page and all pages on this site contain links to outside sources including paid affiliates. A Thrifty Mrs is not responsible for the content of any third party website. Click here for my disclosure policy.