Following a vegan or plant diet sounds amazing and healthy in theory, but the main question is can you easily achieve all the protein your body requires from the plant sources alone? The answer is yes. In a plant based protein diet, mainly you have to eat vegetables, fruits, nuts, whole grains, and legumes. You can enjoy a fab meal by just combining them in the right ways. Some also include plant protein powder to meet their protein requirements. But in this article we will not talk about the plant protein powder but some of the delicious and easy to make protein rich vegan recipes.
- Soya Bhurji: Soya is one of the best high protein sources. The best way to consume soya is through delicious soya bhurji. To make this scrumptious recipe you need 11/2 cup of soaked soy granules, 1/4 finely chopped onions, 1 tbsp garlic paste, 2 tbsp oil, 1/2 cup finely chopped tomatoes, 1/2 tbsp of each turmeric, and garam masala, 1 tbsp chilli powder, ¼ boiled green peas, 2 tbsp lemon juice and salt to taste.
- First heat oil in a pan and add garlic and onion paste, saute them on a medium flame for 1-2 minutes.
- Now add the chopped tomatoes and 2 tbsp of water, cook it on a medium flame for at least 3 minutes. Then add the chili powder, garam masala, and turmeric powder, mix well and cook for 2 minutes while stirring occasionally and add water if required.
- Now at the soya granules, peas and salt, combine well and cook for 2 minutes and stir. Then switch off the flame and add lemon juice.
- Almond Soup: almonds are the great source of protein and dietary fibre which make them a perfect food for weight loss. Besides this it has antioxidant properties, contains healthy fats and gives abundance of energy and keeps you feeling full for a long time. To make the soup you need 1/4 cup of shelled almonds, 4 Tbsp flour, 2 Tbsp butter, 4 cups water, 1 cup almond milk, 1/8 tsp powdered black pepper, 4 Tbsp cream and 2 tsp salt.
- Take half almonds and blend them with almond milk and chop the rest.
- Put butter in a pan and lightly fried the left chopped almonds.
- Add flour and saute.
- Now start adding water gradually, stir it till no lumps remain, and then bring to a boil.
- Then add milk mixture, salt and pepper and bring to a boil, and let it simmer for 8 to 10 minutes, and stir occasionally.
Smoked Tofu & Hummus Bowl
If you want to have some flavourful and smoky food for lunch then this is the perfect combination of hummus, smoked tofu and turmeric rice. This recipe is not only delicious but healthy and beautiful too. To make this recipe you need ½ tsp of each turmeric and salt, 1/2 cup basmati rice, 300g smoked tofu, 1 tbsp olive oil, 2 handful lamb’s lettuce, 4 tbsp hummus, 1 tbsp lemon juice, 1 small red onion and 6 tbsp water.
- Prepare the rice, stir in the turmeric and salt and let it simmer for 10 minutes with a lid on top.
- Set a pan, add olive oil and throw in the diced tofu. Fry for 6-7 minutes.
- Wash lamb’s lettuce and slice the red onion. Then put both in your bowl.
- Take a small bowl and add the hummus, water and lemon juice. Mix well.
- Now add the cooked rice and fried tofu to the bowl. Now sprinkle the hummus dressing over it. Drizzle the salt as per your requirement.
Have you tried any of these recipes, how was your experience? Do you know any other delicious high protein vegan recipes? Feel free to share with us in the comments section below.