During the winter months the wind, low temperatures and central heating really take their toll on my skin leaving it dry, tired and red. I love whipping up a thrifty homemade face mask, especially when they leave my face feeling soft, supple and smooth.
Oatmeal Face Mask Benefits
What You Will Need Oatmeal Face Mask
(Makes enough for 2 masks – will keep in the fridge for 2 days)
30g porridge oats
2 1/2 tbsp runny honey
How to Make and Use Oatmeal Face Mask
1. Pour the milk into the oats and stir to form a thick porridge like consistency.
2. Add the honey to the mixture and stir thoroughly.
3. Leave to thicken for around 5 minutes then give it a slow stir.
4. Apply to a freshly cleansed face and leave to become firm.
5. Use a warm, wet flannel to slough off the face mask.
6. Gently moisturise with a moisturiser containing SPF.
Will you be Giving this Easy and Thrifty Store Cupboard Face Mask a Go on Your Beautiful Face?
I tried to take some ‘serious’ photographs of the face mask but they all ended up being daft, so here are some outtakes. Oh and my hair? I started a new job this week which has involved lots of photo shoots (not nearly as glam as it sounds, I promise you) and my hair has been backcombed into a mess which 1.) I can’t get out properly and 2.) has left me looking like a freshly hatched chick.