During my recent series 15 DAYS TO AN ORGANISED NEW YOU I did a post about organising your finances and it became the most popular post of the series. So many of us have our finances scattered across different accounts with money coming in and out without us paying much attention until it is all gone and then gasp, it’s panic o’clock. Even though I had previously thought myself fairly organised when it came to tracking my finances, when OnTrees approached me and I tried out their app things changed, I feel more in touch with what I’m spending and when. The free service allows you track all of your accounts in one place (not as scary as it sounds!) with bank style security and best of all (in my opinion anyway) it allows you to see what you’re spending your money on.
Sign up and add all of your financial details (don’t worry, it’s a ‘read only’ service so even if someone did manage to get in they can’t transfer money or move it around in any way) then you can keep track of all your details via your desktop or the (frankly brilliant) mobile app. Spending is split into categories with individual budgets. Dividing your finances into categories allows you to view which percentage of your money is being spent on which category at a glance via brightly coloured and easy to read charts and graphs. OnTrees has actually alerted me to spending trends I didn’t know I had.
You can set limits for each category and the app will text you or email you an alert to let you know you’re approaching the limit of your budget. So if your problem area is going out for too many meals, you can set yourself a specific limit and OnTrees will let you know when the limit is in sight. The website is fantastic but for me the OnTrees app wins every time. It is simple and easy to use with a slick interface and makes keeping in control of your finances a breeze because it updates so quickly and accurately. This is definitely the kind of thing it is worth having access to when you’re on the go which is why OnTrees are very kindly offering you the chance to win an iPod Touch 8GB 4th Generation
Win an iPod Touch
To enter you must complete step 1 and 2:
1. Sign up to OnTrees via this link (so OnTrees can tell you’ve come from this giveaway).
2. Leave a comment on this blog post.
For further entries you may:
3. Tweet the following ‘I want to win an iPod Touch with @AThriftyMrsUK & @OnTrees http://bit.ly/WGyVzt’
– Please include your Twitter handle in your entry comment if you have taken this step
Terms and conditions:
1. This giveaway runs from 11am (GMT) 8th Feb 2013 – 11am (GMT) 22nd Feb 2013 with the winner announced on this blog within 7 days of the closing date.
2. Steps 1 and 2 are must be fulfilled for entry to be counted. Step 3 is optional but will gain 1 extra entry.
3. You must be over the age of 18 or have the permission of your parent or guardian to enter.
4. This giveaway is open to entrants from the UK only.
5. The winner will be drawn at random with the aid of a random number generator.
6. The winner will be contacted via email and will have 30 days to reply. If the winner does not reply we reserve the right to draw a new name.
7. OnTrees will arrange to have the prize sent to the winner.
8. No cash alternative will be offered.
9. Entries via methods other than those mention in these rules will be considered invalid.