My friend recently had a terrible reaction to either her eye make up or her eye make up remover (she still isn’t sure which.) Our friendship circle knew it must have been bad because my friend, a notorious health care avoider, took a trip to a walk in medical centre. It took the poor girl some pretty serious medication and avoiding all face products for a month for her to get over it but one thing she did take from it, is a tip for making eye make up remover natural at home, which she was given by the nurse. It’s pretty simple and I’ve found it works well on even the hardiest of waterproof mascaras.
What you will need –
- Olive oil (the cheaper the better)
- Rose water
- A kettle
- Bottle or dispenser of some kind, I use one of these which I picked up on eBay.
- Boil your water and allow to cool completely.
- Pour 1 part water to 2 parts olive oil into your bottle or dispenser.
- Add a few drops of rose water into the mixture.
As with most homemade things like this you can adapt it to suit your skin, so if you have oily skin you may want to use less oil and compensate with more water, so on a so forth.
Store away from sunlight and shake before each use. I use this with a cotton wool pad in a gentle sweeping motion and have found it both gentle, great at removing those stubborn dried on mascara blobs and really moisturising