Recently a few of my friends have become vegan and I’ve befriended a couple more who have food allergies, which has led to worry, panic and finally experimentation in the tiny kitchen here at Thrifty Towers.Not only are these egg free brownies but m’friend they’re dairy free brownies and if that isn’t enough they’re also suitable for vegan folk. Plus they’re easy AND tasty!
Serves: You’ll get around 30 good sized brownies but it all depends on the size of your brownie pan.
What You Will Need For Vegan Brownies Recipe
- Large brownie pan
- 340g self raising flour
- 4tbsp cocoa
- A good pinch of salt
- 340g golden caster sugar
- 1tbsp golden syrup
- 150ml sunflower oil
- 460ml soya milk
- 2 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 80g vegan chocolate (chopped into large chunks)
Method Of Making Vegan Brownies
1. Preheat oven to 190c and grease your brownie pan.
2. Sift the flour and cocoa together into a bowl.
3. Add the salt and sugar then stir to mix through.
4. Pour in the vanilla extract, golden syrup and half of the oil, stir slowly until thick and lumpy.
5. Add the milk and the remainder of the oil and beat to combine.
6. Pour into your brownie tin before placing pieces of the vegan chocolate into the mixture for decoration and taste.
7. Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30mins. Test with a skewer to see if they’re cooked through.
8. Leave to cool for a while before slicing into squares and plonking on a pretty plate.
These freeze well so you can eat some and freeze the rest. When you have friends on the way round pop them into the oven to warm through and they’ll think you’re a vegan friendly domestic goddess.