There seems to be a myth that scones are hard to make. They’re not, in fact I find a scone the easiest of the baked good to knock out at will. Bust the myth today and knock out some scones in under 20 minutes.
- Here’s My Easy Scone Recipe –
- 450g Self raising flour
- 4tsp Baking powder
- 100g Butter
- 50g Golden caster sugar
- 2 eggs
1. Put the flour, baking powder and butter into a bowl. Rub into very fine breadcrumbs.
2. Stir in sugar.
3. Break the eggs into a jug then add milk to the jug until the eggy/milky mixture reaches 300ml. Mix together well with a fork.
4. Slowly add the milk and egg mixture to the flour mixture. You probably won’t need all of it, so do this slowly. Bring the mixture together into a soft (not sticky), almost shiny dough.
5. Turn the mixture out onto a floured surface and roll out to 2 cm thickness. Cut into rounds using a fluted cutter.
6. Place on a baking tray and brush the tops of the scones with the leftover eggy-milky mixture.
Cook for 10 minutes at 220c or Gas mark 7.