Last month I gave twenty handbags to a charity shop and sold 20 on eBay. Forty handbags, isn’t that just ridiculous? I’d collected them over the past 15 years but not one of them was useful to me. I don’t tend to hit clubs too often anymore, so having 17 clubbing friendly bags squirrelled away seemed pointless as did 6 satchels which were too small for my everyday needs.
Were they breeding in the wardrobe or something? I sat down for a while and figured out what I needed, something big enough to carry my laptop and camera (along with all my other bits and bobs), something with some interior pockets and a good quality piece which could team up with many an outfit in any season.
I toyed with getting a brightly coloured bag, I toyed with patterns and odd shapes but no! This time I wanted something classic, something which could ease in the door with any outfit.With that in mind I took advantage of Zalando offering me a voucher and selected this Camomilla bucket bag from their vast accessories range which ticks all my requirements in one handy package.The size is utterly perfect, the handles can be both worn in the crook of my arm and over my shoulder and the understated colour goes with just about anything. £70 is probably more than I’d spend on a bag usually but if it stops my eternal quest (I have a mascara version of this too) to find the right fit then I think it’s about right. Call of the search, I’ve found my version of bag perfection.I wore this outfit out to a working lunch with my assistant on a hot, hot day. The light layers of the dress kept me cool in the heat, the super lightweight cardigan kept the sun off my back and the bag allowed me to tote my laptop into a cafe in style.
What I woreDress – ASOS saleLeggings – Sainsbury’s – cos y’know…chub rubCardigan – Charity shopBag – Zalando (here)Shoes – Charity ShopChunky ring – Bootsale (here)Pale skin – IrelandFrizzy hair due to heat, as above
I’ve teamed up with Zalando to offer you a giveaway. You can win £100 of Zalando vouchers, so you too can pick something useful or y’know you could always go mad and buy something wholly unsuitable or even snaffle away Christmas gifts for later in the year from their selection of homeware. It’s up to you! To be in with a chance of winning follow the simple steps below
£100 Zalando GiveawayStep 1 is mandatory1. Leave a comment on this post letting me know what you’d spend the voucher on. Please include an email in your entry so we can contact you if you win!Step 2 is not mandatory but will gain you one extra entry (leave your twitter handle with your entry if you have followed this step)2. Tweet ‘I want to win £100 to spend at Zalando with @athriftymrsuk http://bit.ly/13Tt0xz‘
Rules ‘n’ stuff
1. This giveaway is to UK residents only.
2. You must be aged over 18 or have the permission of your parent or guardian to enter.
3. You must complete step 1 as laid out above. Step 2 is optional but will gain you one further entry.
4. This giveaway is open until 19TH JULY 2013 at 12.30pm GMT, with the winner announced shortly afterward.
5. Zalando are responsible for delivering the giveaway prize.6. The giveaway will be picked at random with the aid of random.org.7. If the winner does not respond to contact within 28 days I reserve the right to redraw.
8. Incorrect entries will be considered invalid and not entered into the draw.9. Invented methods of entry do not count – for example ‘contact me via Twitter’ in place of email or Facebooking rather than tweeting etc.
10. No cash alternative will be offered.11. Step 2 will not be counted without step 1.TTFN, P.S. Good luck!P.P.S. Check out my first post of the day for a lovely freebie.Oh and by the way due to a large amount of spam I currently moderate comments, so your comment make take up to 12 hours to appear on the site.This page and all pages on this site contain links to outside sources including paid affiliates. A Thrifty Mrs is not responsible for the content of any third party website. Click here for my disclosure policy.
The following two tabs change content below.BioLatest Posts
A Thrifty Mrs
El aka A Thrifty Mrs is a freelance journalist and founder of athriftymrs.com
When not sharing thrifty tips and the best of British sales she enjoys trash TV, mooching around charity shops and trying out every mascara on the market.
Latest posts by A Thrifty Mrs (see all)
UK Blogging Conference – Blognix 2014 – May 24, 2014
Slow cooker bargains – May 23, 2014
Thrifty renovation: Fitting a lock – May 22, 2014