Be warned, when this is very hot it doesn't look the most attractive but as it cools and the pink colour returns to the rhubarb it looks much nicer.
Rhubarb & Ginger Upside-Down Cake
- 175g demerara sugar
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 175g self flour
- 150g of stewed rhubarb
- 1 tbsp of ground ginger
Method:1. Preheat your oven to 180c.
2. Cream the butter and demerara sugar together until fluffy.
3. Beat in the eggs.
4. Fold in the flour and ginger.
5. Pour the stewed rhubarb into an 8inch oven-proof glass (or similar) dish.
6. Spoon the flour mixture over the top and level off.
7. Bake for 45mins.
8. Allow to cool for for a few mins.
9. Turn upside down and serve with custard. Personally I like it best cold, without custard.
You might also find tasty:
If you make these cookies you life will be better
Apple and raspberry heaven cake
Cake in a cup
P.P.S. Thanks Mr Thrifty, you sexy tasty food maker.