After your bath don't waste the water, make it go as far as possible...every penny counts when it comes to living a stylish and fun life for mere pounds.
Here are some money saving bath water ideas
- Get someone to hop in after you or even bathe with your partner - you might need a larger bath though if your husband is 6ft 2 like Mr Thrifty.
- Leave the water in the bath after you get out. The warmth will heat your house for a little while.
- Use it to flush your toilet. After a bath I flush my toilet with half a bucket of water which saves up to 3 gallons of water.
- Clean out smelly outside drains by throwing 3 tbsp of borax down your drain followed by a bucket of your bath water.
- Water your plants, grass and trees, most of them don't mind a bit of soap or even your leg hair.
- If you're having a quick shower (i.e. only using a small amount of water) and you have a shower over the bath - pop the plug in during your shower and use the collected water for any of the tips above.
P.S. Do you/could you/would you share bath water with someone else?
Don't miss a thing! Here are some easy and free ways to subscribe to the A Thrifty Mrs blog.