Starting today, November 1st 2011, I will rid myself of 90 items in 30 days. These items will be sold, donated, given to friends or recycled. Either way they have to go. From big to small, come 30th November 2011, 90 items will be gone.
Brief guidelines- Regular rubbish/trash doesn't count.
- If you put something aside to be donated it must be out of your house by the last day of the month.
- Shred any paperwork in order to combat identity thief.
- Spend a max of 30 mins a day decluttering, you don't want to become bogged down by it.
A few basic areas in which to declutter- Tupperware cupboard. How many clippity, mini cracker sized boxes do you really need?
- Music and film collection. Will you really watch that rubbish rom-com again?
- Shoe collection. Do you really wear all of them?
- Photos. Come on, who wants to look at a photo of your thumb?
- Linen cupboard. Do you use everything in here? Are you likely to use all of it in the next 6 months?
- Medicine cabinet. Now really, when did you last need that amoxicillin?
- Paperwork and notes. Who needs to keep their undergraduate notes? And do you really need that utility bill from 1994?
- Utensils. 6 fish slices? Seriously?
Feel free to join the 30 Day Declutter and streamline your home, your mind and your life. I'll be posting my purged items every Friday, I'd love you to keep track of my progress or even join in (be it the same challenge, bigger or smaller.) Are you up to the challenge?
If you're on Twitter use the hashtag #30DayDeclutter to let us know how you're getting on and to follow the progress of me and others. Good luck!
P.S. I know, right?
P.S. Are you looking forward to Guy Fawkes night? I've put together a list of the best free fireworks displays and bonfires for 2011.