Here's my easy scone recipe -
450g Self raising flour
4tsp Baking powder
50g Golden caster sugar
1. Put the flour, baking powder and butter into a bowl. Rub into very fine breadcrumbs.
2. Stir in sugar.
3. Break the eggs into a jug then add milk to the jug until the eggy/milky mixture reaches 300ml. Mix together well with a fork.
4. Slowly add the milk and egg mixture to the flour mixture. You probably won't need all of it, so do this slowly. Bring the mixture together into a soft (not sticky), almost shiny dough.
5. Turn the mixture out onto a floured surface and roll out to 2 cm thickness. Cut into rounds using a fluted cutter.
6. Place on a baking tray and brush the tops of the scones with the leftover eggy-milky mixture.
Cook for 10 minutes at 220c or Gas mark 7.
I'm taking these bad boys off to tea with some blog and twitter friends. Enjoy yours!
P.S. What is your easiest bake?