Seriously, these choc chip cookies are good and they’re actually really, really easy. I blogged about them as part of my royal wedding food post and I promised I’d share the recipe. So here we are, eventually, I share with you the best choc chip cookies in the world. Ever.
What you will need -
175g soft light brown sugar
1tbsp vanilla extract
150g plain flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp bicarb
A pinch of salt
25g cocoa powder
100g chocolate chips (either milk, dark or a mixture)
A small handful of mini marshmallows
2 tbsp of your favourite sprinkles (I’ve used dino sprinkles because I like to roll cretaceous style.)
1. Cream the sugar and butter together until well combined.
2. Add the egg and mix well.
3. Mix in the vanilla extract.
4. Slowly add the flour, mixing it it in as you add.
5. Add the bi carb, baking powder, salt and cocoa powder. Mix until it forms a good dough.
6. Add the choc chips, marshmallows and 1 tbsp of the sprinkles. Stir until well combined.
7. Place large wooden spoonfuls of the mixture around 5 inches apart on greased and lined baking trays.
8. Sprinkle half of the remaining sprinkles over the cookies and bake for around 10 mins at 190c.
9. Remove the cookies from the oven (they will be very soft), place the trays on cooling racks and sprinkle the remainder of the sprinkles over the top whilst they are soft. Add glitter if you’re feeling super kitsch.
10. Allow to harden slightly and scoff with a huge cup of milky coffee. Enjoy!
You can find more of my food posts here.
P.S. Yeah, nom in your face!
P.P.S Just to add – a link to the dinosaur sprinkles.