What you will need:
A foil tin or tray
You may need:
1. Draw or trace your desired shape on to paper and lay string on to the shape to get the whole length including all the corners which are hard to measure with just a ruler. Add 1-2cm for finishing.
2. Take a foil tin (I'm reusing one (well washed) from a shop bought sandwich platter that we had at work, but you can use one from a takeaway or buy your own) and place the correct length of the string on the longest part. Draw the length of the string onto the foil tin with the aid of a ruler.
3. Cut the length of foil required, at about one inch in width, out with sharp scissors (you may want to wear gloves).
4. Place your foil length on the shape and manipulate slowly into shape.
5. To seal ends overlap both ends and staple. I've found five staples along the same point works well. You can just fold it carefully if the shape isn't too tricky as I have done with this heart shape.
6. If the edges are sharp file the edges with a metal file or even a good nail file.
7. Ensure you wash your cutter in warm soapy water before you use.
Now go and bake some cookies and send them to me. Seriously, why are you still sitting there? I want cookies. Chocolate chip suits me. Go on now, off you pop.
The Thrifty Mrs